Join the Cairngorms Activities team!
Work with Cairngorms Activities
From outdoor instructors to members of the office team, we offer a variety of job roles and opportunities that are available to enthusiastic and friendly people who would like to join our busy team.
Each year we recruit seasonal staff and run apprenticeship schemes to give successful candidates an opportunity to learn on the job and develop their career. We also look for people who can bring something special to the team for our full time and permanent roles.
We're always on the lookout for top talent. See our current vacancies below.
Join the fun in the mountains!
Applications now open for Activity Instructors the 2023 season.
Contracts running from March - September 2024. Live at our on-site staff accommodation for the season.
You’ll be based just outside Grantown-on-Spey in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. Be part of a great team delivering a brilliant range of outdoor activities to our wonderful clients.
This is you:
Motivated and keen to progress, you’ll enjoy working outdoors in beautiful and exclusive environments. You’ll need at least 2 of the following qualifications:
- First Aid Award
- Paddlesports Leader
- Paddlesports Touring Leader
- British Canoe Coach (Level 2 Coach)
- Swift Water Rescue
- ERCA High Ropes Certification
- ML Award
- RCI Award
- Archery Coach
- Cycling Guide and Bike Maintenance
- Bushcraft Qualifications/Experience
- A D1 driving licence with no endorsements
Don't have any qualifications? Consider volunteering in exchange for training. Get in touch to enquire about our volunteering opportunities.
A full-time seasonal contract to join us as an Activity Instructor. Key details you’ll need to know:
- Start date will typically be March 2024
- Duration is expected to be 6 months until the end of September
- You’ll be leading at least 3 of our core activities shortly after you start working with us
- You’ll be working to an agreed number of hours over the whole contract period which will be flexible according to the time of year (i.e. you’ll work less hours in April and more in July/August) and you’ll be paid the same each month which will help you to budget
- If, at the end of the contract, additional hours have been worked, those additional hours will be paid as overtime
- Pay rate is based on an equivalent full-time salary of £21,700 per year
- Holiday entitlement is based on 28 days including bank holidays. Over a 6 month contract this will typically be around 14 days in total
- There will be some months during which holiday may not be taken (to allow for our busy period) and we will do our best to accommodate holiday requests during quieter periods
- Roles are based in Grantown-on-Spey in the Cairngorms National Park, Scotland
- Clear progression and personal training plan to help you to meet your potential
- Option to enrol onto our pension scheme through Scottish Widows
- Staff discounts and deals on equipment and clothing
- Option to buy technical items of uniform at significantly reduced prices
- Working with a variety of clients offering proper activity experiences (not just “taster” sessions)
- Access to some of our equipment and venues for training and fun
- Family and friends discounts so you can enjoy activities with others
- Supportive colleagues with years of industry experience, ready to help you to learn and grow
- Accommodation optional in our comfortable caravans at Glenbeg (with a salary sacrifice)
If you're interested in an Activity Instructor role at Cairngorms Activities, please contact Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat. This will be followed by some onboarding paperwork so we can get you signed, sealed and delivered in good time, ready to start next year.